Restoring & Preserving Our Waterways
Welcome to the home of the Middle Great Miami River Watershed Alliance, Inc. We are a 501 C(3) organization dedicated to the restoration and preservation of the middle Great Miami River watershed in Miami and southern Shelby counties in Ohio.
- Promote wise watershed stewardship for the Middle Great Miami River Valley
- Engage the watershed communities with life-enhancing watershed activities.
- Establish partnerships to involve communities in the preservation of our waterways, streams, rivers, lake and habitat plantings designed to improve soil and water conservation.
- Promote sustainable wetlands.
- Work with POWW (Protecting Our Waterways), the Miami Conservancy District and other governmental entities.
- Identify the USGS watersheds that constitute the Middle Great Miami Watershed Alliance.
- Establish a working watershed management plan.
- Build an alliance that communicates openly through meetings and projects which includes Protecting Our Waterways (POWW), Pheasants Forever, Quail Forever, FFA and other organizations.
- Establish funding sources to assist in funding our 501 C (3) projects.
- Interact with schools to develop curriculum to educate as well as establish future watershed projects
- Work closely with Piqua, Sidney, Troy and Tipp City to plan sustainable water resource management.
- Protect the Great Miami River from damaging practices, assist in the abatement of stream chemical and silt pollution and improve water quality.
- Map and monitor watershed hot spots.
- Identify ways to protect and improve aquifer recharge zones for the Great Miami River Valley.
Contact us at: MGMRWAlliance@gmail.com
To view larger version, click on "view" and select "full page" or zoom to correct size needed.